Monday, November 19, 2012

It's only words......not really!

Words are dangerous. They can drown you. Ask me...am usually floundering in them. These days, I am sucked into Zorba. I dived into him when I came across his character in a book a few days ago. Vibrant, insane, a physical manifestation of man’s basic desires. Driven towards women, wine and work. Definitely, a character buried inside each man. Enough about him...lets get back to words.

Some words are shallow. They don't collect much. You can wallow in them but you ll tire out soon. They are usually complex with lots of syllables..like submersible, deskilling, reification. No one speaks them aloud when they are emotional. Just intellectual nonsense, I say.
Some go way deep. Take Buddha, for example. Just like the ocean, you can explore it by staying on the beach and trying to guess whats it like deep inside it by looking at the sea shells it leaves. Or you can run into it. Madly. Savour it. Relish it. Go deeper to find that sea shells are nothing even close to what it feels like to be next to a whale.

I think right now, that is what I want to do with Zorba. Feel it with my body, taste it and then take a deep breath and dive in.....Will I survive? No way. The present I, will melt away and another I, a different one will get created. Will it be better? Will I grow? Don’t know. But then, that is not really the idea. From here, the journey looks dangerous and exciting. And I am happy to go ahead with that. Three cheers to Zorba!

No comments: